Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year

Thiago weighs 2 pounds 4 ounces
Thiago is really an amazing little baby. I know that I keep saying what a good baby he has been, but he just has! Although his preemie size comes with a lot of room for complications, we really haven't had any other than him gaining weight and a few minor infections along the way. Since Christmas Thiago has gained ounce after ounce and continues to keep gaining - last night he weighed 1,004 grams - almost 2 pound 4 ounces.

Thiago and Mami counting down to the New Year - 2009

Thiago is now 34 weeks, or would have been if in my belly still - with that said being a 34 weeker out of the womb its time for him to learn how to drink out of a bottle. Preemies his size normally drink 1 to 2 cc's on the first try, but Thiago did 10 (amazing news to hear - really!) I was able to sit with him and give him a bottle and he zoned out completely - just focusing on sucking and stopping to breathe, it was quite a moment to look at this tiny little baby that you love so much drink out of a bottle. David and I are ecstatic about him and his progress and are looking forward than ever before to having him come home... it almost feels like a dream.



Thiago is so alert and nosey. Look at his big eyes and beautful lil face.

At the end of this video he smiles - showing us how happy he is to be here.

QUE LINDO!

6 comments:

Aileen said...

Este freaking nene! God has really blessed you two. I wish he was mine. I can't wait to hold him and kiss him!

Isabel said...

man, he is just sooo adorable! I can't to hold him either!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, THIAGO!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO LOVE YOU!

Janni said...

I couldn't stop smiling the whole time watching that video! He is such an angel and so curious with his little eys moving all over trying to see it all. Que lindo!! God bless him!!

Happy new year!!

lori said...

He's gotten so big since Thanksgiving!!!!! Que lindo, for real! I can't wait to hold him too!!!!!!!!! xoxo...

Aileen said...

Gosh, I can't get over the first pic. where he's looking at you - it's a framer!

Heather said...

I've been following this site for awhile now. Janni shared your story with me and my sons name is Tiago. It is such a strong name.
My cousin gave birth at 26 wks, so I have spent many hours in the nicu and she is now 5 yrs old and perfect as can be. I pray the same for your Thiago.
-h